Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Blood Moon

the blood moon


You may not know it, but early in the morning on October the 8 there is going to be a "blood moon." It's not just your standard lunar eclipse, [contradiction] it is supposedly even more vivid [degree] a complete eclipse of the moon resulting in it reflecting a copper like (or blood like) glow [definition] as if the moon was wrapped up in red plastic. [similarity/difference] If you've ever seen one before, you might stay up to watch this one too. [past act/ future act] It should be noted that this is a very special year for blood moons because of what is known as a "tetrad" or a group of four [definition] and all of these blood moons land on the classical Jewish holidays of Passover and the feast of trumps and the feast of tabernacles. Some say it's a sign of the last days or a signal from God. [supernatural] I don't know if this acctually a sign of the last days, but I know that these types of events don't happen regularly and one could be upset if they were to miss an opportunity like this. [antecedent / consequence] I think this could even be made into a creative date idea and like the old saying goes, strike while the iron is hot [maxims and proverbs] This might be the perfect date you've been waiting to got on. This isn't your old and tired "dinner and a movie dates"  this is a spectacular astronomical event! [contradiction]

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This makes me want to stay up to see it! Can you specify "early in the morning"? In other words, will it happen around 2 o'clock in the morning or later like 7 o'clock? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Augh! i am upset because I missed it haha. Seriously though, If i would have known I would have stayed up to watch it. I thought this was an interesting post because it is an argument and you are trying to persuade the audience but it is not so much an argument between two different things. Ultimately you are just stating information and facts in such a way to make them look appealing so one will choose to watch the blood moon. I found it challenging to make a post when I was so focused on each topic of invention but once I started forming my thoughts and then after putting the topics of inventions to my thoughts I realized that I had already used many of them. What I am getting at is that even when we talk about something that we enjoy (like the blood moon) we use these things naturally. I appreciated the supernatural one. You could even take it one step further and talk about the revelation that the moon will turn blood red (I think it is in the book of Revelations.)

    ReplyDelete