Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Down by The Water

    It Turns out the Ancient Rome consisted of a number of pastimes I grew up loving. They loved the water and they enjoyed outdoor hunting. I could get along with the ancient Romans. A common pass time of young men (but not limited to) was swimming at the Roman baths. The Tiber River was also a common place for swimming.

  If the people were not in the mood to swim they could be found down by the water, fishing. Their hunting expeditions did not stop there; Roman culture encouraged trips to the country for some good hunting. They had great taste!

Links:

4 comments:

  1. Wow I actually leaned something new from your post! I had no idea that those activities were popular in Rome. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Mark. Its kinda cool to think that we share some of the same habbits and hobbies as an ancient civilization. Typically when we think of other nations or especially ancient civilizations we focus on the weird traditions or beliefs that they had, but I think its important to realize that we are all the same in more ways than we typically think about.
    Did you get a tag this year for the hunt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't! I would have liked to but unlike back in Ancient Rome, to hunt costs some more cash then I am willing to spend right now! Did you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's that it isn't that surprising that the Romans enjoyed these activities. Men of all ages have enjoyed hunting and fishing. Do you know if they had any special method unique to their culture?

    ReplyDelete