Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Love and Love of Rome

It's the Colosseum!  Would you be one to
go watch the bloody spectacle?  (Photo courtesy of Winnie)
After many weeks since the earlier topic on ancient Greece, I have come back to the Greco-Roman world and my connection to it.  As mentioned in my older post, my girlfriend loves and has visited Rome.  Due to this, her enthusiasm has become contagious and I have found myself also drawn to this world of war and ruins. 


I would like to go see Trevi Fountain with
Winnie some day, hopefully soon!  (Photo also courtesy of Winnie)
Perhaps our reasons for being interested are different, but I must say that personally, I am most excited about the architecture.  Maybe this is due to my prior days of building Legos, but I plan on seeing these remarkable structures firsthand someday.  

2 comments:

  1. You said your interest in architecture is different from Winnie's interests. What interests her about Rome? Also, your photo of the Trevi fountain reminded me of a fountain I saw in Chile--check it out on my post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winnie is more interested in the history and sociology of the Greco-Roman world. She likes the culture, customs, and more abstract things, but she most certainly admires the beauty of the buildings and structures as well.

    ReplyDelete