Tuesday, October 7, 2014

"Happiness is a Warm Puppy"

As you can see, my handicapped brother is very happy with his dog.
As one can see in the picture shown, a dog is a serious source of joy for my brother. He would claim that his “Daisy Pooch” as he calls her, is “his best friend” [witness]. It’s not just my brother, though that gets this kind of joy from a dog! I know I feel a sense of peace when I can just cuddle up with a possible/impossible]. But, it’s simply not possible for someone to just rent a puppy anytime they feel like it. It’s inconvenient and with many apartments restricting animals from their premises, it also isn't probable that every student would be willing to take the risk.
puppy pal. I’m not the only one, either- if this weren't true, “Rent-a-puppy” couldn't possibly have thrived so well in Provo! [
Here are some compelling reasons that off-campus housing should include more dog-friendly apartments:
1)      Other campuses allow it! [comparison] A ton of my high school friends are happy at their colleges with a cute little doggie by their side. Obviously it can work on other campuses.

Aren't  my doggies cute?

2)      Just because we allow dogs, doesn't mean we have to bend all the rules put in place by off-campus housing [whole/parts]. Some people believe that we’d have to do it for every apartment, but that simply isn't true [contradiction]. We can keep some sanctioned for “no-pet” housing, but allowing more dog-friendly apartments would be great! This is a minor rule that would greatly improve so many peoples’ lives! Why do you think people have “therapy dogs”?
3)      Along those lines, we don’t have to open it up to all animals, either [genus, species]. Forget stinky ferrets, mice, and even some cats. Let’s just start with loveable dogs.
4)      If we increased puppies around campus, we’d increase happiness, and decrease stress. This could completely improve test scores and overall well-being of students at BYU! [cause/effect].
5)      Clearly God approves of dogs [supernatural], or he wouldn't have put them on Earth for our enjoyment. We should honor His creations.
Okay- maybe that last point is a poor argument, since there are a lot of things on earth that we don’t allow in BYU approved housing…. But it was worth a try.

I can't say no to this cute puppy, either :)
Anyway, I know that could be a great addition to any apartment. I, for one, will definitely be getting a dog as soon as I can [future fact]; after all, as Charlie Brown says, “Happiness is a warm puppy” [maxim/proverb].

2 comments:

  1. Something that could really strengthen your argument is to reference some authority, someone that BYU housing contractors would respect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a dog lover too! I would totally bring my dog with me to school. I think caring for an animal helps teach needed responsibility. I would be interested in finding out statistics about animals improving people's moods or improving grades or something like that.

    ReplyDelete