Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The Essential Suit

             Without a suit, surely one will never reach his full capability (Antecedent). When a young man makes the transition to manhood, it is essential that he purchase a suit. I suggest that among the most important of outfits in a man's wardrobe a suit should be at the top of the list. Allow me to remind you that at the grandest of occasions a fine black suit with a fine black tie is often worn, this will remain to be so as long as men live (Past Fact/Future Fact). This is reason enough to purchase a suit. For if a man desires to have many of these the "grandest of occasions" then he must be prepared. How often have we lived to hear, "dress for success" (Maxims or Proverbs) yet we still struggle to see how true a statement it is? Too often.
             I do not suggest that we must spend our living on buying such costly apparel but however much one without a suit may try to fit in at an occasion where suits are to be worn he will not find the success or recognition he seeks for (The Possible and Impossible). Therefore, a suit is essential for a man. A seller of suits is quoted saying, "you're going to like the way you look I guarantee it" (Authority) and he is exactly right. I can say for myself that I have never felt more comfortable in a outfit then when I'm in a sharp looking suit (Witness).
           If you are still not convinced, let us not forget that the words of Christ as recorded in the scriptures states, "...Ye are the temples of God..." (Documents. This could also be Authority or Supernatural). Surely if God considers our bodies to be temples we must respect them by the way in which we dress (Supernatural). If God does not dwell in unclean temples, then we should expect to be as clean in as many ways possible (Contraries). A suit can help with that. Surely, we can more fully see the necessity for all men to have a clean cut, nice looking suit. If nothing else, that suit will give you the confidence to finally try to get that girls number (cause/effect).

2 comments:

  1. I thought this post was spot on, although I wish suits didn't matter so much. I just actually attended a information session for a company where they said that not wearing a suit coat with your dress shirt and tie will almost assuredly tell the employer that you are not serious about getting the job. Personally I thought this was ridiculous, but your methods of using the topics of invention are quite convincing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The church requires most of its' official representatives to have a suit! (Authority) I totally agree with the post, it even inspired me to post a picture of myself in a suit.

    ReplyDelete