Friday, October 30, 2015

Personal Stories Catalog--Alisa Hulme

1.  Building a rocket in my high school physics class that didn't fly, but was absolutely beautiful! [high school, science, fail].  I tell this story because it's funny--showing how incompetent I am in science.

2.  Preparing for and running a half marathon. [running, determination, goals] I think I tell this story to brag (because that's what everyone who runs races does, right?) and because I love running.

3.  Absolutely hating the piano and then having to learn and love it. [mom was right, piano, mission] I tell this story to friends who have seen the major change in my feelings toward the piano.

4.  Brown-nosing my way out of detention in high school. [goodie two shoes, detention, high school] I tell this humorous story to demonstrate the importance of attitude while giving people a laugh from the irony.

5.  Getting my hair stuck in a weed-eater and acquiring a massive bald spot as a result. [weed-eater, bald spot, men's hair restoration formula]  I tell this story because it's hilarious and super embarrassing.

6.  Walking home late at night on campus and terrifying a complete stranger because I thought I knew her. [dark, oops, sorry] I tell this story because it's funny and I actually made a friend out of it.

7.  Rewriting all of the signatures of my second grade classmates because I didn't think their handwriting was good enough. [elementary school, handwriting, little me]  I tell this story because it shows a quirk in my personality and highlights one of my talents--calligraphy.

8.  Accidentally taking too much prescription cough medicine and passing out in a McDonalds parking lot. [passed out, McDonalds, my bad] I tell this story because it's shocking and totally against my nature...and also is really funny.

9.  Chipping my front tooth while working for my lawn care company. [chipped tooth, hysteria, lawn care] I tell this story because it highlights my summer of owning a lawn care business and it is really dramatic.

10.  Choosing to switch high schools an go where I knew no one because I felt I was supposed to. [high school, spiritual, friends]  I tell this story because it was a cool spiritual experience where I showed faith and was blessed.


4 comments:

  1. Great stories Alisa. I think that the two I'd like to hear the most would be 1 (rockets are cool!) and 4 (sounds pretty funny).

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 and 10.... I like where ten is going

    ReplyDelete