Thursday, October 29, 2015

Personal Stories Catalog - Benjamin Cope

1. The story of the time I almost died rock climbing [near death story, inspirational story]. I tell this story pretty rarely and only when prompted to, because it was a pretty scary experience.

2. The story of how I was forced to become friends with the boy that is now my best friend [best friend story, story about how people change]. I haven't ever talked about this story, I think. But it's a pretty good story.

3. The story of the time I lost a debate in spite of the fact that I won the debate [high school story, upsetting story]. I often rant about this story because my friends bring it up all the time.

4. The story of the first deaf person I met and how she taught me my second first language [language story, best friend story]. I tell this story when people ask me how I learned ASL.

5. Story about saving Shadow, my dog, from a nearby animal shelter after years of asking my parents for a pet [happy story, animal story]. I tell this story anytime someone meets my dog. Which happens every time someone comes to my house because I make them all meet my dog.

6. The story about my experience as a professional video game player [nerd story, story about making new friends in weird places]. People often respond to this story with a scoff and a roll of the eyes.

7. The story of how I stole all of my friend's girlfriends [story about stupid high school relationships, funny story]. I bring up this story to make fun of my friend whenever he gets serious with a girl.

8. The story of how I failed my senior English class in high school and convinced my teacher to give me an A anyways [debate story, high school story]. I tell this story when I used to compare grades with my friends to show off how cool I am.

9. Story of how I ran away from the police after peeing off of the roof of a stranger's house [humorous story, story about adventures with my friends]. I don't really tell this story because I don't want to incriminate myself.

10. The story of how I didn't go to my high school graduation, prom, or any other senior activities [high school story]. I don't tell this story. I'm just out of any reasonably good stories because apparently I've lived an astoundingly boring life. #rip

5 comments:

  1. Haha Ben, I literally want to hear about all these stories. #astoundinglyawesomelife My top two pick will be 6. and 7.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was hilarious, Ben. I would love to hear more about stories 8 and 9. If you don't want to tell 9, then number 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 and 4, although some of these make me want to hear about some of your debating/persuasive skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got a friend who's learning ASL right now, so I want to hear 4. And no worries about incriminating yourself, 9 sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete