Thursday, October 29, 2015

Personal Stories Catalog - Maren McInnes

1.     The story of the many fish I had growing up that got the tummy disease and the medicine changed their color. [childish ignorance story, pet story] I tell this story if people ask if I had pets growing up.

2.     The story of the day my dad came home from his ten-month deployment. [family story, patriotic story, reunion story] I tell this story to illustrate my dad’s character and to explain why I feel a certain way towards politics and towards the country.

3.     The story of when my sister and I found out our mom was going to have another baby. [big sister story, sister-relationship story, baby story] I tell this story when other people are telling funny baby stories.

4.     The story of surfing with my dad and going on doughnut runs. [sports story, family story, tradition story] I tell this story when I miss surfing and I’m feeling nostalgic about the beach and simplicity.

5.     The story of the old guy tapping on the window when I was babysitting. [babysitting story, scary-turned-funny story]. I don’t like actual scary stories, so I use this one when people are telling scary stories and it’s my turn.

6.     The story of the soccer game in which I got to be a starter. [hard work story, sports story, success story]. I tell this story to show that hard work can pay off.

7.     The story of a dinner gone horribly wrong my freshman year. [cooking story, failure story, lesson-learned story] I tell this story if I’m cooking with friends and we are making anything with chicken or Alfredo sauce.

8.     The story of the night my roommate and I got lost in downtown Provo. [freshman story, public transportation story, anger story] I tell this story when we are reminiscing about our freshman escapades.

9.     The story of skipping lectures during a business seminar to study in the Harry Potter library. [school story, priority story, lessons-learned story] I usually get teased for being such a nerd when I tell this story.


10. The story of covering a football game for an article. [work story, journalism story, behind-the-scenes story]. I tell parts of this story almost every football game. My friends thought it was interesting at first.

4 comments:

  1. I really want to know more about stories 2 and 8, especially number 2. I think it would be very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 and 9 :) Otherwise you'll just have to tell me in class!

    ReplyDelete