Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Personal Stories Catalog - Chloe Stacey

1. The story of how I "friend-zoned" my husband, and broke up with him during the course of our relationship. [relationship story, love story, story about making decisions] I tell this story when people ask how Bo and I met and ended up getting married. Our story is a non-typical one in the Mormon dating culture, so it tells of how we went a little against the grain in our dating life.

2. The story of how, as an 8-year-old girl, I braved the dark of the night to find a deer that had been living in the woods behind our house. [childhood story, animal story] This is a cute story from my childhood that I tell about how I began learning to get over a fear in order to do something I wanted. It also shows my love for and connection with animals.

3. The story when I reach up and kissed my deceased grandmother in her coffin. [death story, family story] This was my first experience with death.

4. The story of being a 5-year-old girl and the experience I vividly remember that sparked my desire to dance for the rest of my life. [dance story, story about what I want to be when I grow up] One of my earlier memories I have. This story tells how I decided at a young age what I wanted to do and be.

5. The story of watching our family dog give birth to puppies. [animal story] This story has become a very spiritual one to me.

6. The story of making "storm cookies" with my mom. [baking story, mom story] This is a sweet memory of my mom.

7. The story of performing on an outdoor stage in a piazza in Italy. [travel story, culture story, dance story] This story describes some of the amazing, eye-opening experiences I had in Italy learning about the people, their culture, and dance as a universal language.

8. The story of winning homecoming queen in high school senior year. [high school story, ironic story, story about how people view me] This event that occurred was a very surprising one. This story is about how I realized that people watch who you are, even when you don't think they do.

9. The story of driving cross-country in a U-Haul after my grandmother died. [trip story, family story] This story explains a fun memory I had in my childhood. On a deeper level, it expresses the idea that even though something really sad was going on at the time, my mind was taken off of it by the fact that I got to go on a special trip. I wasn't fully understanding what was happening.

10. The story of hatching chicks in our bathtub. [animal story, farm story] This just tells people a little bit more about me and what it was like growing up on a farm in the South.

4 comments:

  1. My votes are 7 and 9. It sounds like you have had quite the eventful life, which includes animals. I don't have too many of those kinds of animal stories because I only really owned a salt water fish tank. I wan't really able to pet them, often...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote 9 and 10. I love how dance seems to be so incorporated into your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go 2 and 7. I should have told my moose story in retrospect...

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1 and 1. I really want to hear about your courtship, even though it is a common genre. ;)

    ReplyDelete