Friday, October 30, 2015

Personal Stories Catalog – Laycee Liston

Personal Stories Catalog – Laycee Liston

1. The story of being scared to death by a creepy minivan in the ghetto of Hagerstown Maryland at night. [funny story, Mission story] I tell this story when people as to hear a funny mission story.

2. The story of passing the ball into the wrong teem who then just shot it into the hoop. [embarrassing story, basketball story] I tell this story when I am asked to tell my most embarrassing moment or when I want to make others laugh.

3. The story of hurting my knee playing basketball. [action story, life changing story] I tell this story to explain the scare on my knee or when I want to tell a cool basketball story.

4. The story of going white water kayaking and getting stuck on a rock. Then deciding to bail and flip out of the kayak rather than turn around. [story used as an analogy, life story, changed to be a moral story] I use this story in religious settings to make a comparison to life. I also use this story when swapping adventure stories.

5. The story of getting in a four wheeling accident and passing out. [funny story, four wheeling story, life event] I tell this story any chance I can get. Usually it comes up when talking about four wheeling or hobbies in general.


6. The story of meeting Linda and her overwhelming excitement about receiving a copy of the Book of Mormon. [spiritual experience, humbling story, feel good story] I tell this story when we are talking about things we take for granted or the importance of scripture.

7. The story of getting my back bike tire stolen. [advice story, funny story, ironic incident] I tell this story when I am trying to lock up my bike or when riding my bike with someone else as a funny learning experience.

8. The story of losing my money bag as a child and then praying to find it. [kid story, faith building] I tell this story in talks at church or when I want to make others laugh.

9. The story of putting my sock in the toilet when I was asleep. [recent stories, roommate stories, humorous story] I tell this story to my roommates to make them laugh and then they have me tell it to everyone else.

10. The story of finding a snake in my apartment! [funny story, fear story, Maryland pests] I tell this story whenever someone talks about what creature they found in their house.

5 comments: