Thursday, October 29, 2015

Personal Stories Catalog - Isaac Fox

1. The story of my fiance and I getting engaged [favorite park story, glow sticks story, swimming suit story]. This is what is currently going on in my life, and it seems to be the story people want to hear nowadays.

2. The story of procrastination which lead to why I don't do homework on Sundays [miracle story, bio-chem story, taking tests story]. I use this story as a faith promoting experience as well as to invite others to do the same as I have done.

3. The story of moving from Sweden as a nine-year old [thousands of miles story, culture shock story, new life story]. I really don't think most people can even comprehend this story because it is literally so foreign to them.

4. The story of injuring myself while playing street hockey [hockey story, mouth injury story, best friend story]. I will never be able to live this one down because the reaction people have when they see the picture of what happened stays embedded in their minds.

5. The story of climbing into a claw machine to pull a prank on a friend [prank story, scaring story, birthday story]. I tell this story every time someone new goes into my friends basement, because the claw machine is one of the first things you notice.

6. The story of telling a sister in the MTC that she had a perfect body [awkward story, Russian story, laugh after two years story]. I tell this story when people express their concern of learning a new language, because we all go through a similar process.

7. The story of calling a girl in fifth grade a bad word, because I didn't know hardly and swear words in English [mean girl story, swearing story, sit in the back room story]. No one really ever gets that mad at me because I was a little kid, and I didn't know better, even though my behavior was unacceptable.

8. The story of my lawn-care business that grew over eight years to be very profitable [success story, business story, teenager story]. I often use this in interviews for jobs or anything that will require my resume.

9. The story of when I ran into and was fed by an Armenian in Estonia [mission story, Armenian story, coincidence story]. I tell this one when I'm expressing the blessings of being Armenian, which let me tell you, they are many. ;)

10. The story of how my parents met in Arkansas, but then ended up in Sweden even after my mom had been involved with an arranged marriage in Syria [love story, movie-like story, foreign story]. This is the story I have told the most in my life, because you seriously would think that my family is from a movie.

4 comments:

  1. I wish we could choose more than 2! My vote goes to numbers 2 and 4. Maybe you should see if your family's story could be made into a major motion picture(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 and 7 because language errors are the best errors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good ones, but I'm thinking 1 and 10.

    ReplyDelete