Friday, October 30, 2015

Personal Stories Catalog - Kekoa Riggin


  1. "The boy with a Cervix" [learning experience, interpreting, funny] I tell this story as a learning experience. People usually think it's pretty funny.
  2. "Best of Both Worlds" [high school, baseball, breakdance, safe] I tell this story to reminisce about the glory days. It's not particularly impressive to those who weren't there. 
  3. "AraƱas and Murder" [mission, funny, greenie] I tell this story for fun usually once already on the topic of my mission.
  4. "Don't throw things" [mission, learning experience] I tell this story in more serious and respectful environments as it could be considered "real talk."
  5. "Divorce" [smart alec, adolescent,, funny] Even though the title provokes negative connotations, this story is lighthearted and usually told to show my attitude towards my parents when I was young.
  6. "Fav 5" [personal, emotion] I haven't told many people this story because it is very personal. I usually tell it to those who need comfort or very close friends as we become closer.
  7. "The Burglar" [childhood, Scare D. Cat, funny, siblings] I tell this story to reminisce about my childhood and my relationship with my sister. Family or close friends usually enjoy it the most.
  8. "The Headless Man Who Lives Downstairs" [funny, childhood, siblings] I tell this story for fun and to reminisce about my siblings. People usually see me as the antagonist getting what I deserve.
  9. "Working Hard, Hardly Working" [college, inspiration, learning experience] I often tell my college story to my younger cousins and siblings to inspire them and help them think about their future. It is usually effective.
  10. "¡No, Guey!" [mission, funny, basketball] I tell this story, mainly to show off my Spanish skills but also to reminisce about the mission. The story is much more effective with Spanish speakers.

5 comments:

  1. It's hard to just pick two, but I'm going with 1 (Interpreting stories are usually pretty good) and 9 (I'd like some inspiration).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me with "the boy with a cervix." I want to hear more about 1 and 7.

    ReplyDelete