Friday, October 30, 2015

Personal Stories Catalog - Jared Larsen

1)  The story of my journey to Drum Major.  [Unexpected Blessings, Unintended Results, Marching Band].  I tell parts of this story when "Leadership Experience" comes up, typically regardless of physical setting.

2)  ...And that's how I got my own cult!  [Embarrassing Story, Inspiring Story, #jaredlarsenisthecoolestpersoniknow].  I usually tell this story when people closer to me ask me why I'm "nice" to everyone, even those I don't know.

3)  I wasn't all that left when I went on my mission.  [Death of a Loved One, Faith-finding Story].  I tell this story when I'm asked about the hardest thing I've ever done.

4)  The story of 8-year old romance and a phone call from the airport. [She Moved Away,  My First Girlfriend].  Generally, this story comes up when the subject of "first love" rolls around.

5)  "Let's go, Rolanda!"  [Working Fast Food, Customer Service Nightmares].  I share this story whenever someone asks if people are as polite to me through the drive-up as I am to them, or when I talk about customer service to my employees.

6)  The story of winning the Q.U.E.S.T. competition- but tying for first.  With a girl.  [Why I Love English, Other Things I Love].  This story finds its home whenever "Awards" or "Honors" becomes the topic of discussion.

7)  The Bottle Story: the time my trainer and I ruined P-day over a 4-hour dispute on "recycling."  [Pride Story, "He isn't so bad after all" Story,  Faith-Building Story].  I tell this story all.  The.  Time.  But definitely more often in either religious settings or "mission-story" settings.

8)  "How do you 'accidentally' smash your leg through a window?" "Obviously, you don't know Jared."  [Embarrassing Story, Funny Story, Character-Revealing Story].  This story comes up whenever someone asks me what dumb things I've done.

9)  The story of how a 3 a.m. S.W.A.T. team gave me my "criminal" record.  [Cop Story, #mymomsstillmad].  I tell this story whenever "Cop Stories" show their faces.

10)  The time I let my feelings for a girl dupe me into a cross-dressing saxophone duet in front of the whole school.  [Love's Labors Lost, Courage-Finding Story, Embarrassing Story].  I tell this story when someone asks what my most embarrassing moment is.

4 comments:

  1. Very intriguing post, Jared. I want to hear all of your stories! But since I have to pick two they'd be 2 (I'm very curious about this) and 10 (sounds like a pretty funny story).

    ReplyDelete
  2. By your stories you seem like an interesting man. I'd like to hear more about 9 (criminal record stories have got to be good) and 2 (cults are interesting).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some good ones, I would say 4 and 9.

    ReplyDelete