Thursday, October 29, 2015

Personal Stories Catalogue - Spencer Marks

1. Story of my proposal to my fiance. [romantic story, funny story] I've been telling this one a lot lately because I got engaged last week.
2. Story of how I met my fiance. [romantic story, hand of God story] I've also been telling this one a lot after our engagement.
3. Story of being Branch President on Nonouti, a small island in the Pacific Ocean [trial story, achievement story, mission story] I tell this one during mission story swaps, or at interviews where I need to show leadership ability.
4. Story of living in a hut, pooping on the beach, and general living conditions in Kiribati, the place where I served my mission [funny story, mission story, trial story] I tell this one at mission story swaps or when people start talking about "first world problems."
5. Story of winning the Klondike Derby as a Boy Scout [teamwork story, overcoming trials story, epic adventures in the snow story, boy scout story] I tell this one when we talk about things we do in the snow, or things we've done as Boy Scoutss
6. Story of my friend, Elizabeth Cole, dying in a car crash. [tragedy story, car crash story] I don't often tell this story any more, but I used to tell it a lot more because it was on my mind.
7. Story of starting cross country my sophomore year as the slowest runner, boy or girl, on the team, and ending up running at state my senior year. [athletic story, improvement story] I often tell this one to encourage new runners to keep working hard, regardless of what may come in their way.
8. Story of creating an awesome pantomime for the drama competition, but getting shot down by one judge who didn't know what they were doing. [sour grapes story, disappointment story] I mainly tell this one when I'm feeling bitter about it.
9. Story of crashing on a motorbike in Kiribati. [mission story, motorcycle story] I tell this one to explain why I don't like riding motorcycles.
10. Story of not doing my homework in one class freshman year, and missing out on a scholarship because of it. [freshman stupidity story, advice story] I tell this one to my freshman cousins to motivate them not to slack off freshman year.

4 comments: