Friday, October 30, 2015

Personal Story Catalog - Alexis Inouye

1. The story of how I somehow got to BYU [reflection, everything happens for a reason story]. I tell this story to explain to people how we can't always understand why random things happen until we look back at what we've achieved.

2. The story of how my best friend and I met and ultimately changed each other's lives [best friends story, high school story, growing up story]. I tell this story to show that people are placed in our lives for a reason.

3. The story of how my finger was sliced open with dull school scissors [painful story, scar story, lessons learned in elementary school]. I tell this story to teach people why we don't play with scissors.

4. The story of how I found my sister unconscious in the swimming pool while we were on vacation [miraculous story, family story, scary story, medical scare]. I tell this story to help people understand the dangers of being ignorant about epilepsy.

5. The story of how I ended up in my apartment with my roommates [friends story, everything happens for a reason story, college life story]. I tell this story pretty much to tell people that my roommates are awesome and we were meant to be.

6. The story of how my basketball team lost a game because I made a basket on the wrong side when I was 13 [embarrassing/humiliating story, sports story, basketball story]. I tell people this story when we're all sharing stupid mistakes we've made.

7. The story of how I discovered a passion for public relations in a reverse way when I had no idea what it was [story of finding my passion, major/career story, everything happens for a reason story]. I tell this story when people tell me they don't know what major to pick and I want to show them that sometimes we find our talents in ways we never expected.

8. The story of how I rejected the offer to be on Junior Varsity at my high school when I was 13 [basketball story, high school story]. I honestly tell this story to prove to people that I was good at basketball at least at some point in my life, but also to show that sometimes decisions should be made on values besides the offer for higher status.

9. The story of how I overreacted for a foul and was carried off the court and taken to the hospital for what turned out to be a mild sprained ankle [not the proudest moment of my life story, basketball story]. I tell this story to show people how girls high school basketball is an emotional game.

10.  The story of how my friend announced the name of a guy I had been talking about and I over the loudspeaker at a stake dance and forced us to slow dance with each other in the middle of the dance floor [embarrassing story, high school drama, stealing the DJs microphone story]. I tell this story when people are sharing embarrassing high school stories and I can't think of anything else.

4 comments: