Friday, October 30, 2015

Personal Stories Catalogue - Chandler Dahl

1. "You are a lacrosse player." My first experiences with lacrosse. [Sports story, life lessons] I tell this story when people ask about me playing lacrosse, or as an analogy about changing your actions or habits.

2. The home video of me as a 3 year old ripping off my clothes and flexing for the camera. [Family story, me being buff story] I usually only tell this story when my mom brings it up. She loves it.

3. "Life At 50 Below". Stories about the coldest times of my mission in Barrow and Fairbanks, Alaska. [Mission/travel story, extreme weather story] I tell this story often because people always want to know how cold it was when they hear I served my mission there.

4. Weird things I ate in Barrow. [Mission/travel story, Barrow/Eskimo story] I tell this story in response to questions about the extreme parts of Alaska, or if they ask if I served with Eskimos.

5. AK Dreamin'. The beautiful drive to and from Alaska on the Al-Can Highway. [Travel story, summer work story] People ask what I did for work and are amazed at the fact that we drove to Alaska.

6. The first time I got paid to play a show. [Music story, accomplishment story] I get excited to tell this story when people ask reasons why I like playing the guitar in front of people.

7. "I Could Grow a Beard in 7th Grade" Tales of the kid who matured really early. [Coming of age story, growing up] I tell this story mostly to defend myself for being short, but also to reminisce about the glory days being better than people at most things. Yeah, it's sad, I peaked at age 13.

8. How I met and wooed my bride to be. [Love story, BFF story, engagement story] People always ask how me and my fiancee met, so I tell this story a lot.

9. "Weekend at the Bearnson's" Stories, conversations, and life lessons experienced at my friend Collin's house where we would spend the night after every football game. [Football story, life lessons, friend story] I tell this story in response to the question "What did you do in High School?" I did a lot, but for some reason it felt like we were always just there at Collin's house.

10. "The Druggies of Lone Peak" The story of my friends and I (All of us are good Mormon boys who have since served missions) being labeled as "druggie kids" because of our appearance as we ate lunch in the corner. [High school story, friend story, false judgement story] I tell this story when people see pictures of me either with long hair, riding around on a motorcycle, playing the guitar, or (apparently) dressing like a kid who does drugs.

4 comments: