Tuesday, January 6, 2015

I Am The One

In response to parliament’s decision to raise taxes among the people, many citizens took a stance against them to support what they believed to be right. This was the beginning of a resistance that eventually led to the revolutionary war. Many men and women died fighting valiantly for what they believed to be true and among these valiant people was one of my ancestors. Those who died fighting to give me freedom and all those who have changed the course of history all have one critical attribute in common, they acted.

                As I think back on my ancestors that have stood up for what they believed in I have learned an important lesson. Progress happens when individuals work for what they believe in. They acted based on what they knew to be true.

            In my life I try to emulate their courage of investing all one has into what is important to them.  When it comes to my life I know that I can never make the world a better place by sitting on the sidelines. I need to stand up and fight for what I believe in as my ancestors fought for what they believed in. It takes someone with faith, hope, and courage to change the world. Anyone can be this person to make an impact. All one has to do is decide that I am the one who will make a difference.

4 comments:

  1. A fairly epic picture. It goes well with the post. But you're right. Sitting around doesn't do anybody any good. Way to go revolutionaries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems bizarre that they would give their lives for something like money, some people are just really passionate about what they do.
    Do you think that it was the taxes that drove the people to risk their lives like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The line, "Progress happens when individuals work for what they believe in" made me wonder what the next revolution will be. I feel like if there were to be some sort of uprising the way the Patriots stood up to the Brits, the government would fight it with everything they had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that if things got to be so bad that we wanted to revolt then the government probably would already be in bad shape and wouldn't take much effort (relatively speaking) to overthrow. I think that the angriest that I saw people with the government was in the housing market burst a few years ago.

      Delete