Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dear Thanksgiving Feast

Dear Feast,


Oh glorious thanksgiving feast, how we always seem to meet around this time of year never ceases to bless my life, as well as my belly [apostrophe]. Your contents of turkey, stuffing, potatoes, rolls, jams, jellies, pies, and other deserts help me to remember that you are as numerous and diverse as the blessings that I have received from above [comparison]. I wonder to myself, without your annual appearance would I be as mindful of my blessings that I receive throughout the year? Most likely not [anthypophora]. You are the center of the time of thanksgiving, you bring together what is most important to me in family, friends, and God. If you weren't around perhaps those I cared to share this time of thanks with would not gather together at all like they currently do [antecedent/consequence]. Each year when we come together, those I love in toe, I realize that I have neglected and forgotten portions of your great display of carbohydrates and proteins from the previous year. This error on my part is once again where you, oh great feast, teach me another important lesson: though my blessings seem endless, they will come to an end if I forget that they are there [paradox].

2 comments:

  1. The paradox at the end caught me off guard. You have shown me their power. Well done good sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post. It flowed really well and I really enjoyed the comparison you made.

    ReplyDelete