Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Warm Arizona Sun

The roosters “cock a doodle doo” to wake the local neighborhoods up so they can enjoy their warm day. (Onomatopoeia). The blazing hot sun flexes it’s powerful rays upon the dry, scorching desert. (Personification). It is like the whiff of warm air that people feel as if they have just opened up the oven after baking delicious cookies. (Simile). Whether it’s 10 in the morning or 10  at night, the heat radiates freely. (Contrarium). It is an incredible blessing to be able to escape the cold, bitter winters of Utah and enjoy the warm Arizona soil. (Comparison). The salty sweat slides off of the foreheads of the population as they don’t have to worry about bundling up for cold weather. (alliteration). Oh the joy one feels as their seasonal depression escapes them! (Exclamatio). Should I take advantage and go for a nice swim in November? Obviously. (Anthypophora). What an enormous blessing it is to have a tiny bit of sunlight. (Antithesis). Sometimes I wonder if spending my holidays in Phoenix would be a smart use of my time. Then, I quickly repent and realize the clear answer as I arrive and I feel my energy levels replenish. (Correctio). 

2 comments:

  1. I think the oven comparison is the most apt for Arizona. I visited for the first time last August, and I honestly have no idea how you guys do it. It is literally like living in an oven. I thought it would cool down at night, but as you so accurately expressed the heat radiates freely at 10 am or 10 pm. Excellent description!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also wrote about sunshine in my post. Spending time in Utah definitely helps me appreciate it more!

    ReplyDelete