Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Homework, Thank You!

      It comes in all shapes and sizes.  It comes during the day, and even the night (contrarium).  O homework, how you doth bequeath my understanding with experience (personification)!  Even as the delicate hands of angel caress those of the weary (comparison), do my hands attend to thee (metaphor).  Thou are deserving.  “The pen is mightier than the sword” they say, and the luster of ink shines ever brighter in this world of doom and woe (metonymy).  The earth hath circumnavigated the sun many times with thee as my faithful companion.    At moments might I thee blame, but alas, it is on the contrary. Only canst I thee fail (hyperbaton).  I enjoyeth the satisfaction that cometh when I complete thee, even more so when I have done so in a timely and sensible manner.  What ho? Is that the squawking (onomatopoeia) of disapproval?  Doth mine ears betray me?  Roommate, you complaineth in the background, but you understandeth not, nor doth the ignorant (apostrophe).  No one understandeth you, o homework, the way I do, because “you’ve got a friend in me.”

2 comments:

  1. "The earth hath circumnavigated the sun many times" This was an excellent example of periphrasis, i had to stop for just a moment to understand it, and when I did I felt accomplished. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A powerful entry for the blog posts. You use something similar to correctio when you wish to blame homework, but you stop yourself, realizing it lies solely on you. Very entertaining and insightful. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete