Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Beep, beep!

Would the world be better off without the confining rules of the road? Most certainly not! [anthypophora] What would ensue would be detrimental to everyone, drivers and walkers alike [division]. Chaos, danger, blaming! [asyndeton] That is what would happen.
This Thanksgiving, I am grateful for the rules that guide road conduct. I’m am grateful for the happy green lights [personification], the cautious yellows [metonymy], and the warning reds. I am grateful for the yield signs and right of way laws that allow me to get to and from work without question about who can drive, where, and when.

I am grateful for clarifying ambiguity, the ability to correctly place blame in the instance of collision, and for the steps that keep me safe and sound and free from the guilt of causing an accident. It is no small thing to get into an accident and be unsure about fault [litotes]. With all the gazillion [hyperbole] idiotic things that I see happen on the road WITH the laws, I would hate to see what would happen without them!


If I had the choice of any car, I would not be driving my frail, little, and old Geo Metro, Leonard, but as it is, he’s all I’ve got and I’m glad to know that I am a bit more [degree] safe because of the laws.

2 comments:

  1. I liked how you could speak about how grateful you are for one thing so long. It's fun to play with these rhetorical devices to amplify. I think you did a good job correctly using the terms and isn't it so important to have these traffic rules so we can all travel safely to our destinations for thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you gave thanks to a Geo metro. I've never been graced to hear anyone give thanks to that particular model of vehicle. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete