Monday, March 2, 2015

Has Social Media Made Us Less Social?

One night when I was surfing Facebook, Snap-Chat, Instagram, etc., I realized how much it actually controlled my life. You don't even realize until you think about how much you are actually using them. After surveying some people that I knew and also didn't know, it came to my attention that this is a real issue. So I proposed a changed frame of reference to not rely on social media as much. This would allow us to build stronger bonds and relationships with those around us in route to building a better world. Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. I like how you showed how the frame of reference has changed. Listing reasons that social interaction has actually changed due to technology and social media. But based on the evidence you found you drew a conclusion. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deleted my Facebook account way back in my Sophomore year of High School and I completely agree with your argument. I have an interesting blog that I read for an essay about this exact thing called The Public Isolation Project. It might be interesting for you to check out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie, yeah I would love to check it out!

      Delete
  3. I appreciate that you speak of the balance that is necessary. I have a facebook account, but I really only use it to keep in contact with mission friends. Today more than ever the social media blitz is on, so standing up against such a contemporary dogma is powerful.

    ReplyDelete